The 2018 Dodge Charger: Horsepower & Performance Parts
Performance defines the 2018 Dodge Charger, from its 17- to 20-inch wheels to its available Brembo High Performance Brakes. Even its color options give a nod to the power under the hood—Yellow Jacket, IndiGo Blue, and Maximum Steel, to name a few. The Dodge Charger horsepower is among the best in its class, so read on to learn more about its street and track cred!
The 2018 Dodge Charger horsepower and torque figures are almost supernatural, ranging from 300 hp to 707 hp and 264 lb-ft to 650 lb-ft. What’s more, the new Charger gives performance car fanatics a choice between four rip-roaring engines:
- Standard 3.6L PENTASTAR V6—300 hp & 264 lb-ft of torque
- Available 5.7L HEMI V8—370 hp & 395 lb-ft of torque
- Available 392 HEMI V8—485 hp & 475 lb-ft of torque
- Available Supercharged 6.2L HEMI SRT Hellcat V8—707 hp & 650 lb-ft of torque
Each engine comes paired with a TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission for inimitable precision and higher mpg ratings. Available Sport Mode and paddle shifters fine-tune the Charger’s steering and give you greater control over gear shifts, respectively. Rear-wheel drive is the standard drivetrain, but you can find a Dodge Charger AWD among the GT models.
Dodge Charger performance parts play a large role in this sedan’s ability to leave to other high-powered models in the dust. Not to mention, it rounds tight corners and tackles tough conditions like a champ. Here are a few highlights:
- Standard Electric Power Steering—helps you maintain control at all speeds, and includes three modes for exceptional control: Normal, Comfort, and Sport.
- Available Advanced All-Wheel Drive—includes front-axle disconnect so the front left and right wheels can spin independently of one another, giving you greater traction in precarious conditions.
- Available Interior Launch Control—is accessible via the available Dodge Performance Pages, and lets you set a preferred launch RPM.
- Available Bilstein 3-Mode Adaptive Damping Suspension—comes standard on the SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat. This system lets you jump between Auto, Sport, and Track modes.
Find a Dodge Charger AWD or RWD in Santa Cruz!
There’s only one way to experience the power of the Dodge Charger—and that’s to take it for a spin around Santa Cruz, CA! After comparing the Dodge Charger vs. Dodge Challenger, head to Santa Cruz Dodge to see it for yourself, take a test drive, and apply for financing. Be sure to check our offers and incentives for available savings on a new Dodge!