2019 RAM 1500 MPG
With the 2019 Ram 1500, drivers can expect their truck to be capable of 20 MPG/25 MPG (city/highway) when equipped with a standard 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and RWD. Through each trim and version of the Ram 1500, this Ram truck offers great fuel efficiency, including the best-in-class fuel economy for a 4×4 pickup truck. Let the experts at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram walk you through the entire EPA-estimated MPG ratings of the Ram 1500, and discover how you can go further with fewer stops at Watsonville gas stations.
RAM 1500 Fuel Economy Overview
The 2019 Ram 1500 is available with three engines, and the so its fuel economy is different depending on what’s under the hood. Here are the gas mileage ratings for the Ram 1500 when equipped with each engine:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X2 configuration: 20 MPG/25 MPG (city/highway)
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X4 configuration: 19 MPG/24 MPG (city/highway)
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X2 configuration: 15 MPG/22 MPG (city/highway)
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X4 configuration: 15 MPG/21 MPG (city/highway)
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X2 configuration: 17 MPG/23 MPG (city/highway)
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X4 configuration: 17 MPG/22 MPG (city/highway)
The above fuel efficiency ratings are among the best in its class, and so Ram 1500 drivers are assured they will have fewer trips to the gas station, in turn saving them more money. This can be especially valuable for businesses in need of commercial fleets, as it will result in less budget having to be spent on fuel.
What Is An eTorque System?
The eTorque system uses a battery-powered, 48-volt belt-driven motor instead of an alternator, and is a major factor in how the Ram 1500 is able to have such impressive fuel efficiency ratings. The eTorque system also allows for higher torque capabilities, as well as a better maximum weight in terms of both payload and towing capacity.
RAM 1500 Efficiency Systems
Here are some other aspects that help the Ram 1500 achieve its best-in-class MPG ratings:
- In terms of transmission, the Ram 1500 comes standard with TorqueFlite, which is an 8-speed automatic transmission that adjusts shift points and results in better performance and fuel efficiency.
- The design of the 2019 Ram 1500 also helps its fuel economy by having an elevated hood and redesigned roof that work in tandem to lower the truck’s drag coefficient.
Find the RAM 1500 for Sale at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
At Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we have various trims of the Ram 1500 for sale, and we’re inviting you to come to our Santa Cruz dealership to experience the Ram 1500 fuel economy in-person. We’re located just a short drive from Watsonville and Scotts Valley, so contact us and schedule a test drive with the Ram 1500 today!
More from Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is in a league all of its own with capability and performance. Built from the ground up with Jeep 4×4 technology and the towing power of a pickup, Santa Cruz workers have been clamoring to get all the details behind this one-of-a-kind vehicle. From it’s towing capacity to its interior features, Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram…
Sports utility vehicles are great when you have a lot of cargo to move. But what about when you need to hook up a trailer and really haul? The 2020 Dodge Durango at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has the power and capacity to handle hauling around the rugged Watsonville coastline. Take a look at how much the new…
In terms of the 2019 Ram 1500 weight, this pickup truck ranges from being 4,798 pounds to 5,374 pounds. Of course, this is when the Ram 1500 is not hooked up to a trailer or loaded up with materials for hauling. For the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), the Ram 1500 lands between 6,800 pounds…