2019 RAM 1500 MPG
With the 2019 Ram 1500, drivers can expect their truck to be capable of 20 MPG/25 MPG (city/highway) when equipped with a standard 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and RWD. Through each trim and version of the Ram 1500, this Ram truck offers great fuel efficiency, including the best-in-class fuel economy for a 4×4 pickup truck. Let the experts at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram walk you through the entire EPA-estimated MPG ratings of the Ram 1500, and discover how you can go further with fewer stops at Watsonville gas stations.
RAM 1500 Fuel Economy Overview
The 2019 Ram 1500 is available with three engines, and the so its fuel economy is different depending on what’s under the hood. Here are the gas mileage ratings for the Ram 1500 when equipped with each engine:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X2 configuration: 20 MPG/25 MPG (city/highway)
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X4 configuration: 19 MPG/24 MPG (city/highway)
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X2 configuration: 15 MPG/22 MPG (city/highway)
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X4 configuration: 15 MPG/21 MPG (city/highway)
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X2 configuration: 17 MPG/23 MPG (city/highway)
- Fuel Efficiency with 4X4 configuration: 17 MPG/22 MPG (city/highway)
The above fuel efficiency ratings are among the best in its class, and so Ram 1500 drivers are assured they will have fewer trips to the gas station, in turn saving them more money. This can be especially valuable for businesses in need of commercial fleets, as it will result in less budget having to be spent on fuel.
What Is An eTorque System?
The eTorque system uses a battery-powered, 48-volt belt-driven motor instead of an alternator, and is a major factor in how the Ram 1500 is able to have such impressive fuel efficiency ratings. The eTorque system also allows for higher torque capabilities, as well as a better maximum weight in terms of both payload and towing capacity.
RAM 1500 Efficiency Systems
Here are some other aspects that help the Ram 1500 achieve its best-in-class MPG ratings:
- In terms of transmission, the Ram 1500 comes standard with TorqueFlite, which is an 8-speed automatic transmission that adjusts shift points and results in better performance and fuel efficiency.
- The design of the 2019 Ram 1500 also helps its fuel economy by having an elevated hood and redesigned roof that work in tandem to lower the truck’s drag coefficient.
Find the RAM 1500 for Sale at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
At Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we have various trims of the Ram 1500 for sale, and we’re inviting you to come to our Santa Cruz dealership to experience the Ram 1500 fuel economy in-person. We’re located just a short drive from Watsonville and Scotts Valley, so contact us and schedule a test drive with the Ram 1500 today! Get an exclusive look at the 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage when you visit us.
More from Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The Dodge Challenger is known for its racetrack-ready performance on the Watsonville roads, but how fast can it reach 0-60 mph? The Dodge Challenger Hellcat 0-60 mph time is the fastest with an impressive 3.4 seconds. Explore the performance specs of all the Challenger trims with Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to see just how capable the Challenger really…
Any driver seeking an SUV able to blend premium features with workhorse capability will find themselves impressed by the2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity. Available with four engine options, this legendary model can haul up to 7,200 lbs. while still offering that fusion of precision on-road performance and commanding off-road capability the brand is known…
The Dodge Challenger is known for its racetrack-ready performance on the Watsonville roads, but what about what’s on the inside? We’re not talking about what’s under the hood or in the engine. We’re talking about what’s inside the cabin of the Dodge Challenger, specifically the interior colors. You’ll be surprised at the variety of Dodge…