How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’ve got serious work to do in Watsonville, you need to know how much can a RAM 1500 tow. The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity reaches a maximum of 12,750 pounds when properly equipped, earning it the Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* distinction. Let’s dig into this light-duty pickup truck’s power and utility with the experts at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
The 2020 RAM 1500 offers four different engines, each packing in the towing prowess and payload capacity for Scotts Valley drivers. Depending on the trim level, your RAM 1500 payload capacity will range from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, but no matter which option you choose, you’ll be paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission giving you power you can feel behind the wheel.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds, the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
More Features for Easier Towing
Towing capability doesn’t stem from engine power alone: the 2020 RAM 1500 comes with helpful technologies and systems that make hauling in Capitola easier, giving you the confidence you need to work hard and stay safe during every job. Take advantage of smart towing features, such as:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power regardless of road conditions in Aptos.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway with this transmission, which works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: Access the bed easier with this available 60/40 split gate tailgate.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Keep an extra eye on your blind zone withthis available system, which also works to automatically account for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Santa Cruz!
The 2020 RAM 1500 is a standout when it comes to towing, but the perks don’t stop there! This light-duty pickup truck works hard while looking good, making it a great choice for Soquel drivers. Test drive yours at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, where we proudly carry the entire line of powerful RAM trucks. Check out our current new vehicle specials to bring home your new truck for even less!
More from Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The Jeep Wrangler is a classic and beloved member of the Jeep family. What sets the Jeep Wrangler apart from others in its class is the ability to customize and optimize the Wrangler for your Watsonville off-road adventures. The Jeep Wrangler accessories allow you to get the most out of every trip, whether you…
The Jeep Cherokee is known for its rugged exterior capability on the Watsonville roads, but what’s on the inside of the sturdy vehicle? Take a look at the Jeep Cherokee interior with Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to see what kind of technology and convenience features await you inside. Then, feel free to step inside the cabin of one…
Heading out for an exciting weekend around Watsonville? Pack up your equipment, hitch up your Jeep, and hit the streets. How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? With the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds depending on your configuration. Be assured that no matter what Jeep trim you choose, you’ll tow…