2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity
Any driver seeking an SUV able to blend premium features with workhorse capability will find themselves impressed by the2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity. Available with four engine options, this legendary model can haul up to 7,200 lbs. while still offering that fusion of precision on-road performance and commanding off-road capability the brand is known for.
Simply read on to explore:
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity by Engine
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Features
Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity by Engine
Exactly how much your 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee tows will depend on your chosen engine, but even the entry-level powerhouse can tow up to 6,200 lbs. Here’s how those ratings break down across the engine lineup:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6: Up to 295 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque delivers a 6,200 lbs. towing capacity
- 5.7L HEMI® V8: Up to 360 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque delivers a 7,200 lbs. towing capacity.
- 6.4L HEMI® SRT V8: Up to 475 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque delivers a 7,200 lbs. towing capacity
- Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® V8: Up to 707 hp and 645 lb-ft of torque delivers a 7,200 lbs. towing capacity.
All engines are paired with a sophisticated 8-speed automatic transmission to ensure everything from responsive low-speed control through Watsonville traffic to efficient highway performance as you cruise at speed between Scotts Valley and Capitola.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Features
The heart of each 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is its engine, but they don’t work in isolation. A suite of standard and available features supplements those horsepower and torque ratings to improve peace of mind no matter how much you’re hauling.
Key features include:
- Trailer Sway Control to improve your grip on the road across all conditions.
- Hill Descent Control for confident towing even on steep inclines.
- Hill Start Assist for easier control when you’re starting on an incline.
- High-Performance Brembo Brakes for dependable stopping power.
Experience the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Firsthand by Visiting Our Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Showroom
More from Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The Jeep Cherokee is known for its rugged exterior capability on the Watsonville roads, but what’s on the inside of the sturdy vehicle? Take a look at the Jeep Cherokee interior with Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to see what kind of technology and convenience features await you inside. Then, feel free to step inside the cabin of one…
Heading out for an exciting weekend around Watsonville? Pack up your equipment, hitch up your Jeep, and hit the streets. How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? With the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds depending on your configuration. Be assured that no matter what Jeep trim you choose, you’ll tow…
For a vehicle that has the off-road capability needed to tackle your Watsonville weekend excursions, there’ no better choice than the Jeep Cherokee. You can rest assured that you’ll have plenty of options when choosing between the Jeep Cherokee trim levels as there are eight different configurations to choose from. Compare the Jeep Cherokee trims…