How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
Heading out for an exciting weekend around Watsonville? Pack up your equipment, hitch up your Jeep, and hit the streets. How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? With the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds depending on your configuration. Be assured that no matter what Jeep trim you choose, you’ll tow with confidence thanks to Jeep 4×4 technology and the host of towing features. Learn more about what’s featured in the 2021 Jeep Wrangler at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
We know now that the 2021 Jeep Wrangler has a towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds. However, to reach that maximum, Scotts Valley drivers need to know what each trim level can offer. Keep these facts in mind:
- All 4-door models can reach the maximum 3,500, while all 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds.
- Most Jeep trim levels come in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, but the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude are the trims only offered as 4-door SUVs. The benefit of this is that these trims are always able to tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo.
- Find the same great configurations that were featured in the 2020 Jeep Wrangler with the addition of new eye-catching colors in the 2021 Wrangler.
Jeep Wrangler 4×4 Drive Systems
- Selec-Trac® 4×4: This intuitive system uses two-wheel drive when driving on clear roads but switches to 4×4 whenever driving in inclement weather like snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4: This system delivers excellent off-road performance by using a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect.
- Command-Trac® 4×4: Those wanting to get the most out of their towing should use this preferred option. It features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for those looking for adventure over rough terrain, but it also allows drivers to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Packages
On top of powerful 4×4 systems featured in the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, select models also receive a whole host of standard features to help overcome any obstacle. With the help of front and rear heavy duty tow hooks present on all models, Capitola Jeep drivers can truly come to the rescue of anyone who falls behind. Maximize towing easily with the help of features in the Trailer Tow package or Heavy-Duty Electrical Group package. The HD Electrical Group includes:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Find Jeep Wrangler accessories and genuine MOPAR® parts in our parts center near Capitola.
Customize Your Jeep Wrangler with Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
How much can a Jeep Wrangler Tow? More than enough to let you take on adventures around Aptos. Experience the Wrangler yourself when you contact us at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to schedule a test drive or shop online and have your new Jeep delivered to your house.
More from Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The Jeep Wrangler is a classic and beloved member of the Jeep family. What sets the Jeep Wrangler apart from others in its class is the ability to customize and optimize the Wrangler for your Watsonville off-road adventures. The Jeep Wrangler accessories allow you to get the most out of every trip, whether you…
The Jeep Cherokee is known for its rugged exterior capability on the Watsonville roads, but what’s on the inside of the sturdy vehicle? Take a look at the Jeep Cherokee interior with Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to see what kind of technology and convenience features await you inside. Then, feel free to step inside the cabin of one…
Heading out for an exciting weekend around Watsonville? Pack up your equipment, hitch up your Jeep, and hit the streets. How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? With the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds depending on your configuration. Be assured that no matter what Jeep trim you choose, you’ll tow…