How Much Does the Ram 1500 Weigh?
In terms of the 2019 Ram 1500 weight, this pickup truck ranges from being 4,798 pounds to 5,374 pounds. Of course, this is when the Ram 1500 is not hooked up to a trailer or loaded up with materials for hauling. For the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), the Ram 1500 lands between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds. Want to learn even more about this truck’s weight? Let the experts at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram walk you through the Ram 1500 weight in terms of GVWR, curb weight, and more!
2019 Ram 1500 Curb Weight
The 2019 Ram 1500 is built up of aluminum and steel, which provides Scotts Valley drivers with a tough vehicle that is capable of strong towing performance and even great fuel economy. Let’s take a look at the curb weight of the Ram 1500’s various trim levels:
- 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman – 4,798 to 5,227 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn – 4,891 to 5,160 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie – 4,891 to 5,232 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel – 4,971 to 5,374 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn – 4,903 to 5,232 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Limited – 4,903 to 5,232 pounds
2019 Ram 1500 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
Your Ram 1500’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating can be different based upon a couple of factors, including the trim you have, what cab you have, and the bed length. Here’s the GVWR between the Ram 1500 trims:
- 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman – 6,800 to 7,100 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn – 6,800 to 6,900 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie – 6,800 to 6,900 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel – 6,800 to 6,900 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn – 6,900 pounds
- 2019 Ram 1500 Limited – 6,900 pounds
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
A vehicle’s curb weight is its total weight before the addition of equipment, passengers, or towing weight, whereas the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is the maximum weight your vehicle can have that includes the vehicle’s standard weight, the passengers, cargo, and tongue weight when towing. However, tongue weight also isn’t the same as the towing capacity but is the amount of weight a trailer leaves on the hitch itself. The GVWR is better remembered as simply being the max weight you can have the vehicle and its contents weigh.
2019 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity
The maximum towing capacity you can get with the Ram 1500 is 12,750 pounds, and with this great capability comes these remarkable towing safety features:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
- 360-degree Surround View Camera
Find Your 2019 Ram 1500 at Santa Cruz Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
If you like what you’ve read about the 2019 Ram 1500 in terms of its weight, hauling and towing capabilities, and various features, then we think you should come to our Santa Cruz dealership to get up close and personal with this wonderful pickup truck. Our dealership is but a short drive from Watsonville and Capitola, so stop on by! While you’re here, feel free to contact us for more information on any vehicle in our vast new and used vehicle inventories, or ask us about the Jeep Gladiator dimensions! Check out all of the RAM 1500 gas mileage and other performance features when you visit us. We look forward to seeing you soon!